Free Hit Counters
Free Counter

1.10.2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO RICKY

Looking back at the past year for Ricky I realize what a great kid he really is. At eleven he got confimed into our church, made honor roll each semester, worked hard at playing his percussion instruments and made it into honors band (they put on a fabulous concert at the center for the arts), he fine tuned his flag pulling skills and helped his football team enjoy a winning season, learned a lot about flying animals (birds) and insecets (B's), and he still manages to say OK when I ask him for help around the house (although now it often comes with a sigh or groan). And yeah, there have been some moments I'd rather not re-visit like him getting hit in the head with a football by his dad, or finding out late the night before his project was due and that I had to help him put together a costume making him into an Egyption God by 7am, and the one football game his team lost during the fall season. My reflection brings me to this thought... I have no idea what I did in my lifetime to deserve such a great kid but I do know how blessed I am to have him. My hope for the comming year(s) is that his life is filled good decisions and that all the bad things that come his way build great character within him. Please feel free to wish him well in the comments and I will pass them on. HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICKY!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! You Rock Ricky!

8:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy
Birthday
Big
Brother!
We Love You!!!

8:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank yoy!

Love,

Ricky

10:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ricky!!!!

I love you. Keep an eye out for something in the mail ;-)

Love Aunt Susan

7:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home