Free Hit Counters
Free Counter

1.28.2007

2007

I love the holidays. I love the smells and sounds. I love giving and watching people (especially the kids) open gifts. I love snuggling with kids in pj's on cold mornings and sipping cocoa or coffee in my fuzzy slippers. I also like when it is all over and the new year begins. I enjoy putting the decorations away and vacuuming up the pine needles. I do this two days after Christmas. Then, when the only reminder of holidays is a million toys laying around and the smell of pine when I vacuum, I can close another chapter in my life.
Starting a new year Rocks! Years ago when my father died life really sucked.... hard times, cherished moments, and many tears filled my days. Christmas was difficult and empty that year. The kids helped fill a void and there were some blessings that came my way (#3 came on board) but for the most part it really just sucked. Shortly after Christmas, however, things began to turn around. As I put the tree away I began to think of how I wanted to feel in the new year. I knew I needed to change my perspective and I did. From that point on I began to think of each year as a chapter in my life and as I closed one I had a new one to look forward to.
Now 2006 was good year but that chapter is over and a new one is beginning. 2007 is already looking great. The new year always starts off with a bang. First, we have a lot of family and friends with birthdays during the beginning of the year. Some of them are younger and some a few years older (ha ha ha ha ha), there is even one who might have seen the birth of dirt. But I love them all and I am glad to be in such good company. Second, this year we have been blessed with having more family around. My in-laws are here for three months and staying in Scottsdale. I can only hope they are enjoying their time here as much as we are. Rick has many stresses with work but he seems to be in a great mood and I think it has a lot to do with having his folks around. They are gracious enough to drive down here and help with the kids, cooking, going to games (football and soccer) , and they are having each of the kids spend a weekend with them. Kerri's the lucky one this week. I just hope we aren't abusing them because we could really get used to this. I get to go on a trip with my Mom and Ricky this spring and I can not wait! We are going to New Zealand with my Mom where we will be Trekking (backpacking) and visiting a couple of major cities and then Ricky and I will head on to Australia where we will have a few days to check out the sites around Sydney. Third, well I won't mention a third because things are going very well right now and I'd like to keep it that way. It seems that when things go well then it is time for something to go wrong. I know the bad times are what builds our character but I'd like to bask in the good things for a little while longer....
So with that I want to wish you all a great 2007. May this year be better than last and the first of many more great ones. Happy Birthday to A,R,A, J, T, J, B, J, M, D, M, S, J, S, G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home