Happy Birthday Pop!

Pop and Ricky all dressed up with me and one year old Kerri.

Pop with Rick and Brian when they received their masters degree. You'll notice a little Ricky in many of photos with my Pop...they were best buddies. Wish he could see his lil Ricky now! He'd be very proud.
I have an entire list of pictures I wanted to share with everyone but these are the only two that I could open on this computer. The others are in an old format and I don't have the software installed on this computer yet. I'll get there eventually!
As many of you know, today is my fathers birthday. He was taken from us way too soon but he is still very much present in our hearts. Happy Birthday Pop!
One of my favorite memories of my father was when I was 38 weeks pregnant and went in to visit my OB. I went alone because Rick was working overnight for TRW at the time and my appointment was early in the morning. The doctor gave me some shocking news. He scheduled me for a c-section later that same morning. When I went out to the lobby to call Rick and give him the news I saw my father waiting for me. He always had a way of knowing when I needed him most and he was always there for me. When I gave him the news he got all out of sorts (it was both good and scary for him). He fumbled unsucessfully for his cell phone so he could call everyone. I started to laugh and pointed out that sitting right next to him was a courtesy phone. Between the two of us we managed to get in touch with everyone and a few hours later he was holding his first grandson.
I've got a thousand more great memories. Because of my Mom my Dad was around a lot longer than was expected. He was a lucky man! We were luckier! Feel free to share your favorite memories of my dad by leaving a post.


1 Comments:
I remember a beautiful summer day fishing on a boat with your dad in mexico and a very unhappy eel.
4:43 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home