Free Hit Counters
Free Counter

10.19.2006

paradise

We spent a little time in paradise. Rick and I took the kids south of the border to San Carlos, Mexico to visit my Mom, relax, and play a little. It was a short trip but well worth the drive.
The kids loved the ocean, sand, and all the attention. Rick got some much needed sleep, and I got to do what I love most when I am there. I got up early, went up on the roof with a cup of coffee and watched the sun come up over the mountains. It is an amazing site to see the sun rise up between the mountains near Guymas. As the sun rises the light begins to dance on the calm waters in the bay. It only lasts a few minutes then the glare from the water becomes so bright the show must end. Then, it's time to head back downstairs to soak in the sites and sounds from the patio below. My Mom has an wonderful view of the town and only being a street away from the water you can hear the waves hitting the sand while sitting on her covered patio.
The picture above is from a day at the beach. Seventy five feet back from the beach is a palapa with a fabulous restaurant and bar. I got to enjoy a feast with my Mom's Friday women's lunch bunch while Rick enjoyed a cold one and played with the kids on the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home